Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Update

I have been really busy lately but I promise to put up pictures and a full update soon! I was in Scotland for the weekend, mostly because all of the interns planned a trip together and also because I needed to leave the country so that I wasn't in Ireland for more than 90 days in a row (and would need a student visa). Edinburgh might be my new favorite city, it was absolutely incredible! All seven of us were completely breath-taken as we walked around for the first time. (Stockholm syndrome, anyone?) We also visited Lochness, I was pretty sad that Nessie didn't make an appearance. Apparently there have been three official sightings so far this year. Sightings aren't considered official until three different groups of people who don't know eachother see her from different locations at the same time. Sounds pretty legitimate to me! 


The Aviva stadium had its first soccer match last night, Airtricity League vs. Manchester United. Everyone keeps talking about how beautiful the new stadium is which is extra exciting to me because it is my next door neighbor. We lost 7 to 1... I didn't attend the game because it is stupidly expensive and there were lots of empty seats because of this, hopefully I will be able to attend either a soccer, rugby or Gaelic football game while I am here! 


In addition to talking about the game where Manchester "coasted" by (their words, not mine), the morning news is also talking about how many recent Irish graduates are having to go to America to start their careers. How ironic is this, considering I am an American graduate (almost) interning in Ireland? Many students go to NYC to complete their internships because there aren't very many here, which I know from experience as I had a really hard time securing mine here. I watch the news here more than back home and it is very interesting to hear about the Irish economy, especially when they compare it to America's. I suppose that graduating from college is always scary, especially considering the current economy in Ireland, America and elsewhere. 


Speaking of, today marks my fourth official week at my internship and I guess I should get up and around..


Pictures soon, til then


Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Too busy with u'r internship?!

    Find time to update & post pictures, as promised..

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete