Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Viva San Giovanni e Paolo!!

I decided to come to Italy for 8 days because I don't start my internship until next week. This was a GREAT decision. I have been loving exploring Ireland and hanging out with all of my American internship buddies, but I had too much idle time and was feeling so overwhelmed by Dublin that I was starting to feel really depressed. What I really needed, without realizing it, was a sense of community, and this was the perfect place to come.

San Giovanni is a teeny tiny town near Napoli, tucked in the hills with the most beautiful views I have ever seen. There aren't hotels or anything tourist-y and I get to eat homemade Italian food and wine all day long. Yesterday I played volleyball, tennis, took a motocross ride through the hills (again...best part of this sentence is that I have done this more than once in Italy. Beautiful :)). Ate lots of pasta and pizza and deserts, and just relaxed with all of the San Giovanni boys and my new friend Sarah, who lives in Venezia.


I haven't decided why I am so much happier here, I think that a lot of blame can be placed on Italia, and a lot has to do with my amazing buddies here. It is comfortable, and I am in love with it in a way that I haven't fallen in love with Ireland yet. I am going to Florence tomorrow, and then to Rome for the weekend to do a pub crawl (and because Rome feels like home to me) and am headed back early next week. I am nervous about going back to Ireland, but SOOO excited to start my internship and get settled in finally. I actually had a lot of fun last weekend in Dublin and think the Temple Bar District is a very entertaining place. I am just ready to go find my spot in Dublin that I can call home for the next 10 - 12 weeks, and I will feel much more content. That is all for now. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment